The protection of your privacy rights during the processing of personal data is of the utmost concern to us, the electrical and computer engineering faculty student council. Data collected through the use of our website is handled in compliance with the law, especially the Bavarian Data Protection Act (BayDSG) and the German Telemedia Act (TSG).
The following informs you of the nature, extent and purpose in relation to gathering, processing and using personal data.
The web servers of the electrical and computer engineering faculty student council are run by the electrical and computer engineering faculty student council, located at the Technical University of Munich, Arcisstrasse 21, 80333 Munich, Germany.
Upon each access by a user to our sites, the server stores the following information temporarily in a log file:
- IP address of the accessing computer
- Date and time of the access
- Name, URL and transferred amount of data, in case a file was accessed
- Access status (whether the accessed data was transferred, not found, ...)
- Identification data of the used web browser and operating system (if the web browser transfers this information)
- Website where the access was made from (if the web browser transfers this information)
The processing of this information is performed in the following way:
- The log entries are continuously and automatically evaluated in order to detect attacks on the web server and to be able to react appropriately.
- In exceptional cases, such as malfunctions, errors and security issues, a manual evaluation of the entries is conducted.
Use and disclosure of personal data
The use of our website is usually possible without providing personal information. Some of our services (e.g. printing of theses, registration for events or contact forms) require collection of personal data. In this case, only information that is absolutely necessary is collected, and the data is used solely for the stated purpose. We never pass your personal information to third parties without your explicit consent.
We hereby expressly object to the third party use of contact data published within the framework of imprint obligations, as well as all other contact information on this website, for the transfer of unsolicited advertising and informational materials. The operator of this website expressly reserves the right to conduct legal steps in the event of the unsolicited reception of advertisements, such as spam mails.
If you send us a mail, your mail address will be used solely for correspondence with you. Please note that data transfer over the internet may have security flaws. Thus, a complete protection of your data from access by third parties cannot be guaranteed.
Information and corrections
You have the right to access all personal information that we have stored about you. This service requires a written request and is free of charge. Additionally, you may request correction, blocking or deletion of your data.